Friday 14 November 2008

Millinery Classes

Since the middle of the year i have been holding monthly weekend courses in hat making. With a maximum of six students in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere the courses have focused on blocking shapes in felt and straw. Once you have a base you can trim it in any way you desire using feathers, fabric, ribbons and other more unconventional materials.

I have plenty of experience with the unusual, having made hats for couture shows in Paris and London as well as editorial pieces for Dazed and ID Magazines. From hats made of resin set hair to plastic bubbles shimmering with crystals. However if a more wearable hat is what you want then bring on the bows and flowers.

On the course you will learn how to make hat of your own design as well as pick up all sorts of tips for maintaining and updating any old hats you have. If you live in London or are interested in my hats and classes then feel free to email me and ask any questions you have.

2 comments:

dennistoy said...

Great work here. I am a Nigerian who is into hat making, I will like you to fix up 4 weeks class for November this year and forward to me the price.
Please contact me on denniskenny81@yahoo.in OR +2347038217269.
I will appreciate hearing from you soon.

Yours faithfully,

Dennis

What A Hat said...

Hello there. Are you easy to get to from Kings Cross station?